A Solarpunk Manifesto can give an introduction to what solarpunk is. Solarpunk is "Punk" because at this point, having hope is an act of rebellion.
Pnk.Solar's rules are derived from relevant parts of the Solarpunk Manifesto:
- We are solarpunks because optimism has been taken away from us and we are trying to take it back. We all have bad days, and you can talk about that, but this is not the place for despair and doom-saying even if it is realistic. Hope is necessary, if insufficient to make a better future.
- The “punk” in Solarpunk is about rebellion, counterculture, post-capitalism, decolonialism and enthusiasm. It is about going in a different direction than the mainstream, which is increasingly going in a scary direction.
- Solarpunk culture includes all cultures, religions, abilities, sexes, genders and sexual identities.
- You can post pornography and nudity, but you must flag the content as sensitive and must not post it on any public timeline.
- Solarpunk is the idea of humanity achieving a social evolution that embraces not just mere tolerance, but a more expansive compassion and acceptance.
The instance's moderation is taken care of voluntarily by the administrators and the moderators. They enforce the above rules. To that end, they are free to use all the tools at their disposal.
Credit to Hater-Of-terfs for the solarpunk flag used in art assets